For the replacement of a missing tooth or teeth, implants are the top-of-the-line option, with a more natural look and secure feel. They can be used to replace a single missing tooth or support a bridge, full dentures or partial dentures. It is done by the placement of an artificial tooth root into the jawbone, which is made of medical-grade titanium onto which a porcelain crown can be attached.
- Very natural feel and appearance
- Strong and durable - long lasting
- Feels and functions like the missing natural tooth
- Can be cleaned as easily as a natural tooth
- Adjacent teeth are not under any stress from supporting the prosthesis
- Not suitable in every situation - requires careful assessment and planning
- Appearance at the gum can sometimes be a little unnatural
- Longer treatment time - up to 6-9 months, although more recent "single stage" and "immediate" implants have reduced this considerably
- Greater cost
The good news is that, with simplification of surgical and laboratory procedures in recent years, the cost of implants has become more affordable.
See full story of images
(click on this link to open a pdf of more images of this case)