To prevent the development and progression of gum disease, which can cause general ill health, regular visits to one of our qualified hygienists, will help keep plaque and tartar to a minimal amount and ultimately lead to savings in the cost of your ongoing dental care. Your comfort is of utmost importance so if any area is inflamed and tender when treated, the discomfort you may experience can be remedied with local anaesthetic. Discuss any concerns or questions you may have with your hygienists and they will endeavour to provide the best and most comfortable treatment possible for you.
Your hygienist will:
- Undertake a health assessment of the supporting structures of your teeth (gum, bone and ligament)
- Remove plaque/tartar/stain from your teeth by means of scaling and polishing
- Root debridement and smoothing of the tooth root surface to allow healing of the gum pockets
- Demonstrate and educate you on the best suited cleaning aids specifically for your mouth
- Provide information on the effects diet, smoking, etc, have on oral health.